Monday, July 4, 2011

Blog Following



Several readers have asked me how to follow a blog, so I decided to share a brief tutorial for those of you who may be new to the 'blog world' and have wondered how to go about doing this.  Plus, if you want to win that burlap I'm giving away, you'll need to become a follower!

I found a great tutorial online (click here for that) which spells it out fairly clearly.   Only From Scratch has the following option that is spoken of in that tutorial, so you should be set with that.

For those of you who have a google account (e.g. gmail.com email address), you can go to Blogger and create what is called a "Dashboard" which will manage the blogs that you want to follow.  This is a great time saver!  Rather than typing in the name of every blog you want to read each day to see if it has been updated, you can simply go to your Blogger Dashboard and see a list of blogs and their most recent updates.  Here's how to do this:

1. Go to Blogger and either login or create an account.
2. Once logged in, you don't need to create a blog (although you can and that would be great!), just click on the word "Dasboard", located at the top right hand side of your screen.
3. Then, click here for a step-by-step on how to use the Blogger Reading List.  These instructions are fairly straight forward, but if you still have questions, feel free to email me at onlyfromscratch@gmail.com

I hope this is helpful!  It took me awhile to get going when I first started reading blogs on a daily basis, but once I figured this out, it made my time in the blog world much more efficient and kept me up with the blogs that inspire me.


Disclaimer:  I am by no means a blogging expert so if anyone else has tips for newcomers to the blogging world, please feel free to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren! I love that I found your blog via FB! I started following Sheri's a few weeks ago! Yum, yum, & yum! I'm excited to try your recipes! <3pammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren, I added the search bar to my blog, but it doesn't seem to be working properly ... do you have any tips??

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!