Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 :: Fighting Fear {part 1}: Begin at the Root

Most of us have something that we fear.  It could be an object, a situation, a person, or a feeling.

We don't always seek it out, sometimes it just creeps in, unwelcome and takes over our minds.

How do we fight it?

David, in Psalm 56:3-4, said,

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust."

If the remedy for fear is trust in God, then we must first examine our fears to see what it is about God that we are failing to trust.

Fear is rooted in some sort of disbelief about God.

What am I failing to believe about God that is causing this issue of fear in my life?  

I'll let you answer the question and tomorrow we will talk some more about fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!