Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8 :: Will you Ask?

source


My children come to me countless times throughout the day asking me for things.

"Mama, will you put this on my baby doll?"
"Mama, will you get me something to eat?"

"Mama, will you read me some books?"

They don't hesitate.  When they want something they ask.

I want a truth driven heart.  I desire to be changed by God's truth every day.

I can't make it happen on my own.

"Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.  Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long." Psalm 25:4-5

"Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me..." Psalm 43:3

"Lead me in the path or your commandments..." Psalm 119:35

The Psalmist knew who could make it happen, and he asked.

If I want a truth driven heart and desire to be changed by God's truth, I need to ask.


Will you ask Him today to teach you, lead you, and make you to know His ways?

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday at church Peter said something that made me think of you and your series this month. We are doing a study on the Holy Spirit, and he said "the Holy Spirit's ministry is moving the truths that are 'out there' into our hearts". As we surrender to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to work in us, He gives us a truth-driven heart. I just liked that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!