Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 25 :: Does it Help?

After yesterday's post, I had a couple of comments on my personal Facebook page that I wanted to share with you.  I think you'll be able to relate.

The first, a friend of mine who serves as a missionary in Niger, shared about how reading status updates affected her attitude.  This is what she had to share:

So true!! Even from the dusty middle of nowhere! Just the other day I was browsing my facebook wall and all I could think was 'I wish I lived a NORMAL life!!!' Another friend at home has gotten engaged . . . or married . . . or had a baby . . . or sent a kid to third grade . . . or ran a marathon . . . or got a new job . . . or washed his car . . . or painted her kitchen . . . or got excited about a session premier . . . or . . . whatever 'normal' people do these days. It had been a particularly rough 'living-in-Niger' day and I found myself using facebook as a justification to complain and gripe and pout . . . all because I was comparing. 


Thanks for your honesty and transparency, Deb.  I know I have struggled with my attitude after reading my Facebook news feed.

The second, a dear friend of mine made two great points:

And as we imitate Christ we remember that He gave us grace for our failings and shortcomings. How convicting to question whether what we are posting are leading others to feel like failures.


Thank you for the reminder, friend, of God's grace.

Her second point got me thinking.

And rather than typing out my inarticulate thoughts on the matter, I thought I'd leave you with a verse and a question to ponder over the weekend:

Ephesians 4:29 says, "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."

Am I sharing things in my social media platforms that are beneficial, helping others to thrive?


For a list of all posts in this series go here.


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss you. I wish we could sit and talk over coffee... for about 2 days! Thank you for always encouraging my faith from afar and spurring me on towards Christ! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series you are doing has been such a blessing to me. Thanks for this day's in particular.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!