Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 29:Cheese Dip

There is one cheese dip that trumps all others and I'm going to share the recipe with you right now.  This would definitely get eaten up at a football party, holiday party, or any other event where food is involved.  It's easy to make, great leftover, and delicious.
 


I've been wanting to share this recipe with you all month, but just like making this apple pie for myself wouldn't be a good idea, neither would making this dip.  You see, it's loaded with fat and grease (which equals yummy) and even though I'm pregnant, I try not to give into all of my cravings.  I waited for my parents to be in town so they could help me devour it, and they did.  Normally I make it with green chiles, but my husband doesn't care for those so I left them out.  I would recommend NOT leaving them out as they add quite a bit of flavor to the dip.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

Cheese Dip
Printable Version

8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz. mild cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz. monterey jack cheese, grated
24 oz. sour cream
1 small can green chiles

Preheat oven to 375F.  Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.  Lay 1/3 of sharp cheddar cheese on the bottom of the dish.  Place 1/3 of green chiles on top of this.  Then, spread 1/3 of the sour cream over this.  Next, sprinkle the mild cheddar, and top with monterey jack.  Repeat layers in this order 2 more times.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Serve hot with tortilla chips.

source: my mom

*Yes, I did just throw in an announcement about being pregnant in the midst of sharing with you a cheese dip recipe.  We are absolutely thrilled and so thankful for another little one that will make his/her appearnce at the end of April.*

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lauren! So excited for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting! Spring is a great time to give birth! Thanks for the recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - i've been reading all your posts this month and i thought "wow, i didn't realize she was pregnant this whole time!" good to know i wasn't just being blonde. :) congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! :-) How have you been feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! We are so excited for your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! SOOO exciting. Unfortuntely I have zero willpower with cheese so when i go for it, I just go all out and this looks like something I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I'm due at the beginning of February. I think, pregnant or not, this dip sounds absolutely delicious. Hot cheese?! How could it NOT be good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting! Congrats! :) And this is yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!