Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 16: Beef and Red Potato Stew

Yesterday after church, a friend and I combined ingredients we had on hand and made this yummy stew!  One of the things I love about soups/stews, is that just about anything (within reason) can be put together into a pot and ends up tasting amazing.  It's a quick and simple way to get a hearty meal, for little cost.



We served ours over brown rice, but you could just eat it plain.  And, of course, serve it with some homemade biscuits and jam.  (I'll share my favorite biscuit recipe with you soon).

Beef and Red Potato Stew
Printable Version

1 1b. stew meat
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups beef broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 rib celery, chopped
12 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, brown meat.  When almost no longer pink, add onion and continue browning until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.  Add garlic and saute about 2 more minutes.  Add broth, tomatoes, celery, potatoes, marjoram, bay leaves, salt and pepper, and heat over medium-high heat, until potatoes are tender.  Add more salt and pepper to taste.  


Serve over brown rice, if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!