Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 13 :: Blessing the Lord when I don't feel blessed


"Lord, cut, carve, wound; 
Lord do anything to perfect your image in us 
and make us fit for glory.  
We need winnowing before we 
enter the kingdom of God.  
O what I owe to the file, hammer, and furnace!  
Why should I be surprised at the plough 
that makes such deep furrows in my soul?  
Whatever direction the wind blows, 
it will blow us to the Lord.  
His hand will direct us safely 
to the heavenly shore 
to find the weight of eternal glory...
Whether God comes with a rod 
or a crown, 
he comes with himself." 

-Thomas Watson, Voices from the Past-

There are times when the difficulties of my circumstances cause me to question God's goodness, almost as if I think He's withholding blessings from me because life is hard.  But God doesn't withhold things from us.  His purposes are always for our good.

I have found that in my greatest times of disappointment, struggle and heartache, the Lord has become more precious.  

In the good and the bad, the hard and the easy, we have Jesus.  




This is Day 13 of a series:  Made to Pour, Living a life of Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!