Sunday, June 10, 2012

Journey through the Psalms

My goal over the next few months is to do something different on this blog and post something every Sunday.  These posts will be about the verses that have stood out to me during the previous week as I've read through the Psalms.  Sometimes I'll just share the verses, other times I might elaborate on them a bit, but either way, I hope it is an encouragement to those of you who read it.




Psalm 9:1-2
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."


The Lord has indeed done wonderful deeds!  Even in the midst of troubling circumstances, heavy hearts, or difficult days, we are to give thanks.  Not just with a portion of our heart, but with our whole heart.  Today may we rejoice in the Lord, sing to Him, and give thanks because He is good.

3 comments:

  1. Your post in January about your word for the year, "heart", was such a blessing to me that I am eagerly looking forward to your Psalms posts. I love the Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, thank you so much for sharing God's Word with us! I really needed to see this again! I read the Psalms often, but often I forget what they say! It was nice to be reminded that we need to give thanks, in spite of adverse circumstances! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren this is a good post and a great idea for posting each Sunday. I'm looking forward to your thoughts/what you share! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!