Friday, July 22, 2011

Decorating Tip: Order a Fabric Swatch

As you know, the dining room is my big decor project right now, consuming every nap time during the day, and sometimes more than that.  Thankfully, the bigger parts of the room are coming together nicely and I'll be moving on to window treatments this weekend.  Which brings me to the point of this post:

If you're considering fabric for a new space and thinking about ordering it online, order a sample!  I know it seems like somewhat of a waste to pay just as much on shipping as you do on the cost of the swatch, but you do learn so much by actually seeing it in person.  I was so excited when I found this the other day:

source www.fabric.com

I love the paisley design and the colors are perfect for what I want (or so I thought).  But, in real life, what looks like a soft blue is actually a very bright turquoise!  NOT what I was going for.  So thankful I decided to order a swatch before forking over some cash for a fabric that would not have worked in my space.  

Look for some more finished projects from the dining room soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you ordered the swatch...so sad it wasn't what you wanted but at least you didn't have a bunch of fabric you couldn't return!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!