Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday's Fail: Crepe Paper Eggs

I love to read blogs that talk about home decor, crafting, and sewing.  The projects others are doing inspire me and I always come back to read more, but I often finish reading entries thinking to myself, "Am I the only one who messes up in the middle of a project, or who doesn't finish a project?  Does everybody have success on the first try with their projects?"  Thus, I came up with the idea to write a blog entry each week, on Fridays in fact, that would chronicle my project 'failures'.

Materials
This week I decided that it was time to finally work on a wreath for our front door.  I'm not a big fan of fake flowers, particularly the fake floral wreaths that are sold seasonally in all of the craft stores.  So, I've been on the hunt for ideas on how I could make a spring wreath.  I came across one that I loved, which you can find here, but I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of painting eggs.  While shopping for some already speckled craft eggs, I spotted some crepe paper in the store.  Aha!  Maybe this would work, mod podged (is that a verb?) crepe paper eggs!  Cheap, easy, and the eggs would have a neat texture.  

Well, nap time came and I began my egg project.  Granted, I had never before used Mod Podge, but this was obviously NOT going to work.  The crepe paper was dissolving, not sticking to the egg, and it looked awful!  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture before I threw them away, but it looked more like a first grader's craft project than the makings of a wreath for a front door.  Alas, a crafting fail.  

I think I'll just buy some great looking eggs from Hobby Lobby this week and finish my wreath.  What was your crafting/cooking fail this week?

1 comment:

  1. haha i like that you posted about something that failed. that wreath from the link is beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!