Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Great Staycation

via
Happy Spring!  Our area is looking beautiful right now as flowers begin to bloom, the grass is turning green, and the weather has definitely gotten warmer!  I love this time of year!

I'm back!  And, no, I didn't have the baby, in case you were wondering if that was the reason for my absence.  My husband had the past 10 days off and it has been wonderful!  For the past 3 years, he's been in training, so has not been able to use any of his vacation days, but now that he can, we are trying to take advantage of some time off every now and then.  This time, we stayed home and just enjoyed being together.

Here is a little recap of our week:

1) Our garden is looking fabulous!  I'll try to get some pictures soon to post for you.  But, let me just say that my husband is amazing!  He built some raised beds and has seeds germinating inside for our garden this year.  {My dining room table is currently a greenhouse}.  We're praying for a bountiful harvest!

2) Thanks to some friends from church who have a large ladder, I was able to finish painting the girls' bedroom and the baby's room!  I think my days on top of a tall ladder are over for this pregnancy, but I'm glad to have that behind me.

3) The baby's bedding has been started and hopefully will be finished this week.  I LOVE it!!  The nursery may end up being one of my favorite decorating projects that I've ever tackled.

4) Some of our dearest friends came to visit from San Diego.  They had been living overseas for a year, doing mission/human rights work, so it was wonderful to catch up with them and hear about all that the Lord had done through them during their year away.  They flew into Atlanta, so we spent a few hours touring the Atlanta aquarium, which was a blast!  After two days here at home with them, we all went up to SC, and enjoyed getting together with some more very close friends.

5) While in SC, we spent some time with my sister and her husband, which is always a treat!  I'm so thankful that they don't live too far away from us now!

6) A friend here is having a yard sale this weekend to raise money for their adoption, so we cleaned out closets and drawers and hopefully they can sell the items we didn't want in order to help bring home their little girl.

It was a wonderful week and I'm so thankful for the time we were able to have together as a family!  Now, it's back to reality.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys were able to have this time together, doing fun things and getting some things done! I CANNOT wait to see the nursery! I'm so glad we were able to see you guys this past weekend! Thanks for taking time to spend with us! Caleb and I kept talking about how cute the girls were swinging and the funny things they said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time! Special time together makes marriage even better! Glad you're back though- I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the yard sale help, and so glad you were inspired to tackle the closets!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!