Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spicy Crab Dip

For some reason last week, my husband kept begging me to make crab dip.  You'd think he was the one with pregnancy cravings!  I do try to please my husband, so I made him some dip and we devoured it.  The jack cheese adds a bit of kick and makes it really tasty.  This would be a perfect appetizer for a holiday gathering.  It would also be great with artichokes added or even some spinach.  Making dip is so easy, all you need are a few basic ingredients and some creativity.


Crab Dip

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 roasted red peppers, diced
3 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup monterey jack cheese
8 oz crab meat {imitation is okay}

In a medium sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese and mayonnaise.  Stir in peppers, green onions, garlic powder and cheese.  Gently fold in crab meat.  Spoon into a greased baking dish.  Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned on top.  Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or bread slices. 



2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! Today is my daughter's 18th birthday, and crab dip is one of her favorite foods! Thanks, Lauren! --Anne Spice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I love dip :) All kinds of dip haha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!