Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust & Toll House Pie

Several weeks ago I posted a recipe for gingersnaps, one of my husband's favorite cookies.  I mentioned in that post that I'd be sharing with you a pumpkin cheesecake recipe which uses crushed gingersnaps.  Unfortunately, pumpkin cheesecake is not on our Thanksgiving menu this year, and since I don't think it would be a good idea for me to eat an entire cheesecake by myself over the next few days, I'm going to provide you with the recipe I used last year, and then how I changed the crust to work with gingersnaps.


The ingredients for the crust on this cheesecake are graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.  I simply substituted gingersnaps for the graham crackers, omitted the sugar, and kept the butter.  You want to make sure your gingersnaps are good and crunchy or you'll end up with a chewy crust.


Also, someone asked what Toll House pie was in a comment on my Thanksgiving Menu post.  Well, here you have it!  I'm hoping to have recipes of all our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, but won't have them until the week of Thanksgiving.  I know, sorry!  If there's a recipe you really want, just email me, or ask in a comment and I can send you the recipe, sans pictures, of course.  Hope you enjoy these tasty recipes!



I never use nuts in my Toll House Pie, and I always serve it warm with vanilla ice cream.  Watch out, it's rich!

2 comments:

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!