Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ice Cream Outing Surprise

Last night we took the kids to get frozen yogurt {they think it's ice cream, so we'll just call it that}.  We don't do this very often, but it was a special day and we wanted to surprise the girls with some news.


 Usually they get to pick their own ice cream and toppings, but last night we were a bit more selective.  We wanted them to have a certain color.



Any guesses as to what we wanted to share?


You guessed it!  We're having another little girl!  She'll be joining us around July 7th, so I'm almost 24 weeks right now.  This pregnancy has been a little rougher than the others.  I think each one gets a little more challenging.  Not only am I older each time, but there are more children to care for, and that takes a toll on me.  I would be very happy if this sweet little girl decides to come a little early.

Isabella's response to finding out she would have a little baby sister, "Oh, that's so fun!"  Mallory was too absorbed in her ice cream to respond much at all.  She just wanted to know what her baby sister's favorite color would be.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around having another little girl in the house.  I was convinced this one was a boy, so I have to say I was a bit in shock yesterday afternoon.  I do have a few little outfits I picked up at a church swap last month, so her little wardrobe has begun.  I've saved some of the girls' clothes, but they were both born in the winter, so this little one will be sporting sizes in a different season.  I can't say I'm disappointed to have to get new little girl things!

Here's to ruffles, bows, ribbons, and lots of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Horray! Another beautiful Washer girl! What a fun thing to think of today.... thanks for sharing, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH! Congratulations! Too bad you aren't here ... I've got plenty of tiny summer girl things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, Lauren!! :) and fun way to tell the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative. What a delightful way to share the good news with Isabella and Mallory. It is wonderful the way you capture the special moments in your life and the beautiful responses of the girls. Congratulations to your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww congrats! I'm sure the big girls will be such helpers with their little sis just like they are with their little brother :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!