Friday, January 13, 2012

First Mood Board Attempt

The past two weeks have meant colds, coughs, and sleepless nights at our house.  Which, during the day, translates to me not tackling the large to-do list that I made.  And, you know what, it's okay!  Life is not going to stop because I haven't finished organizing the closets, cleaning out the pantry, and decorating the girls' room.  My family comes before all of that and they have needed me.  Plus, I've not been feeling great either, so I haven't had much motivation to get things done.

Yesterday, during the girls' nap, I decided to do some research online for fabric and other accessories for some of the projects I have spinning around in my head.  I wasn't planning to buy anything, just looking for some inspiration.  While doing that, I decided to try making a mood board.  I'm sure you've seen these all over blogland, and they're really great!  I've always been intimidated, though, because I'm no design guru, and usually can't make up my mind about what I want in a space.  However, I thought it might be a fun exercise.  It was!

My mood board is definitely not the greatest, by any stretch of the imagination, but it has helped me to visualize what I've been thinking for the Nursery.  I used a program called Olioboard, which is a free site with lots of images already added into it that you can pull from.  You can also upload your own images {I'm still trying to figure that out} which would be really helpful if you've already started collecting ideas for a space.  Here's my first mood board attempt:



Oh, the other thing I haven't quite figured out is how to save my mood board as a file, rather than pinning, so you have a pin :)

This is not final, by any means, but I did have fun pulling fabrics, furniture, and other things onto a palette to sort of wrap my mind around what I'm thinking.

Has anybody else ever created a mood board?  If so, what did you use and how did you do it?  I NEED HELP!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you've gathered here! It goes perfectly with what you emailed me! This is going to be such a cute nursery! Oh and I've never done a mood board so I am no help to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really pretty! i love the hippo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun nursery mood board! I love the color combo. This might sound silly, but I use powerpoint for my "mood boards." I make a bunch of possible slides for each room with the different elements. Ppt is super picture-friendly as far as being able to layer and move images around, so it works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!