Monday, May 19, 2014

You're Invited to be (in)couraged


When I started blogging a little over three years ago, I found myself swimming in a world of creativity and DIY projects.  The inspiration was phenomenal and I loved learning from the women who were making their homes lovely on a small budget, with their own two hands.  It was fun to jump into this group, sharing little pieces from my own home.

Reading blogs became a part of my daily routine.  

As I became more acquainted with blogs and the bloggers who wrote them, I was introduced to women who were writing about the Lord, their walk with Christ, and pointing me to the truth of God's Word.  My daily blog readings started shifting away from the home decor scene, and I was growing in my knowledge of God through the words that these women were sharing in their little spaces on the internet.

I discovered (in)courage, an online community for women that seeks to encourage women in their faith.  I was reading blogs of many of the contributors for this site, and so I signed up for the daily emails that (in)courage sends out.  Real women write real stories of their life in Christ, how His grace spills out into it, and these stories have been an encouragement and blessing in my walk with the Lord.  

One of the blessings of (in)courage are the Online Community Groups they offer several times throughout the year.  These are groups that women can join to connect with other women from all over the world, who share similar interests, stages of life, or experiences.  I've never been a part of one of these groups, but for the next six weeks, I'll be co-leading a Bible study group.  And I wanted to invite you to join!


We'll be studying 1 Peter together,sharing what we're learning through a Facebook group page.  My co-leaders are Julie Holly and Lauren Huss {click on their names to check out their blogs}.  We've never met in real life, but already I've been encouraged by them as we've worked through putting the details together for our group.

If you want to join us as we study 1 Peter, click here and you'll be directed to our registration page.

Ours isn't the only group, though!  There are over 70 community groups that you can join! Head on over to (in)courage and look for a community group that fits your needs/interests.

Registration for the groups begins today and will continue through this week.  The session officially begins on May 26 and will close on July 4.  The groups fill up quickly, so be sure to sign up right away if you're interested in joining.

I look forward to all that the Lord has in store for each of us who participate in this community of women who long to be more like Christ and (in)courage others to do the same.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."  
Hebrews 10:23-25



1 comment:

  1. I love how God draws us to Him, that He pulled you close through the world of blogging! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!