Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting it Together, Phase 1

You might remember my post in January, One Step Closer to a Well-Managed Home, where I talked about a Household Management Notebook.  Our printer went out right after that post, so I never was able to print out my lists and that project just got pushed to the back burner.  We recently replaced the printer {just a few days ago} and I'm spending some days at my parents' house with the kids, so I'm now able to work on this and actually get it done.  It's time.  I need some organization and a better sense of 'having it together' not just for me, but for my children.

Cleanliness in my home is the first priority.  Sure, my home is clean, but I need a better system, so I'm working on a master list, something like this:





 I also came across another document that is pretty detailed, breaking our home down into Zones and listing all of the specific jobs in each of those areas.  You can find the PDF document by following the link below:

Fly Lady's Detailed Cleaning List

Fly Lady also has some helpful information on cleaning and organizing your home, including daily tips, if you want to join the site.

I guess I better sign off now and continue working on my list.  I don't want to be guilty of what this implies:



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're able to get some things like this done this week! I like that big cleaning chart - especially the end where it says prepare a celebratory drink - ha! I hope that once you get home you will feel settled and get into a good routine - with all the kids and with your household!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!